Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just the facts mam

I am really trying to keep my personal feelings out of Sue's page. The truth is I am crumbling inside. It has been 5 days since I have heard my angel's voice, her laugh, seen that adorable dimple when she smiles. I miss my best friend more that words can express.

Even at our lowest points we never went more than a couple of days with out talking.

I am praying that this ex-tubation works. I have signed all of the paperwork to ensure no trach, no permanent feeding tube, she is DNR. No paddles, no compressions, no chemical stimulus. I know it is what she wants, and it kills me to think of her suffering. I am giving her the tools she needs to start to heal. After that, its up to her and what she is ready to fight for...

I am ending this mid thought because sleep meds just kicked in.

talk to you all soon!

oh yeah, i have masses in my thyroid. found that out today. Whoo hoo!

6 comments:

A Stay at Home working Mom's Tale said...

Love you Les don't even know what to say but that I love you.

Superduke1 said...

Thanks Aub. You are a great friend.

Inez said...

Oh my Lesli. My heart goes out to you and Sue. You have a full plate. I know that you are strong. That's the Lesli I remember in high school. Hang in there. I wish I could hop on a plane right now and give you a great big hug! Lots of love, Inez.

Angie and Michael said...

You blow me away. Just the fact that you're leaving your feelings off Sue's page speaks volumes to your character and dignity. I'm glad you have this blog though- let it all out and please call if you want to as well! Love you- Mange

Ginger said...

Oh Leslie.

I know we haven't been in close contact lately, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you both, and wish I could **HUG** you in person.

Hang in there.

April said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Lesli. Sending you love...