Sunday, October 4, 2009

Nightmare

I had the worst dreams last night. In the first one Sue and I were in a huge hospital. She was being wheeled somewhere by a nurse. I tried to follow, but I couldn't keep up. She kept calling my name. I would answer back, but she couldn't hear me. They finally went through a set of locked doors. I couldn't get to her. She kept calling my name and I couldn't comfort her.

Seque to dream number two or continuation of my previous dream. I am in my pastor's office with several of the friends I have made at church. I explain what had just happened and they all tell me that I am being selfish and taking up too much of their time. One even tells me that I am not allowed to call them and i need to make an appointment if I want to talk at all.

I know it was a dream, but I have to wonder if I am being too needy.

SD

4 comments:

Ange said...

YOU ARE NOT! Don't even think it for a second. Got it?

The Asian Invasion has spoken. :)

April said...

I can relate in my own strange way. In that first year of leaving you-know-who, I felt like I HAD to do everything on my own, and it was really hard for me to accept help because I felt like I wasn't being responsible and independent if I did. And I know you well enough to know that you take pride in your independence as much as I do. So your subconscious (which I always spell wrong) is voicing these same thoughts.
The truth, however, is that people offering help really do want to help! And we all need help sometimes. We need strength to feel that independent.
I love you, superduke!

Anonymous said...

You...needy?? No..I would say my 3 year old who wont let go of my leg is needy!!

Love you SD!!!!!

Superduke1 said...

you guys rock!